Mother City Magic ~Cape Town

Mother City Magic ~Cape Town
Written and edited by Veronica Clark

Thursday 11 October 2012

Seasons of Sauvignon ~ Durbanville Hills Winery

Hello Friends!!!
 
How is your Thursday going?
 
This is my final instalment from my visit to Seasons of Sauvignon. Yes, sadly I could not make it to all the participating wine farms!!  However, as I live just over the hill, this bleak situation, will be remedied over the next week or so...
 
Lots to look forward to...
 
So, after The End of Ride the Rhino I headed to Durbanville Hills Winery.



To stock up on...



The view from the winery is just spectacular in every direction...Yes, a bit bleak, I know, due to the relentless Cape Winter that we have been trying to banish! But still a gorgeous comforting sight, don't you think...?


Walking up from the parking area, I hummed along to "Country Roads" wafting down from above....ti's the life!
I thought, of how very l fortunate I am to live so close to such a wonderful Wine Route...we are practically neighbours.
 
 

The fire was burning, the tasting station was manned by some very friendly people and the rain anointed it all just for fun and just to induce a frenzied indoor scurry...
 

 
 
Bottle with a view to die for..
 


I decided to have a glass of the Double Gold winning Chardonnay.... yum!

 
And, I made myself at home with this magnificent panorama...
 


Wonderful ambiance as always....




Now, I know there are a few of you have responded to me on twitter  and who admitted that you have never actually visited The Durbanville Wine Route, but that, in fact, you do buy the wine!!! So, I do hope that I can convince you all to migrate behind the Boerewors Curtain, to pay these wonderful Wineries and amazing people a visit! Look what you're missing...
 
I will even meet you for a glass anytime!!
 


No need to wait for the next Seasons of Sauvignon, there is always loads to see and do and many wonderful restaurants to visit!

 
 
Looking forward to the Tapas on offer every Friday!!! See below...
 
 


Thank you for a wonderful visit, I had a blast!
 
Thanks for your precious company!
 
Comments can be left down below or drop me an email at ronnieclark@mweb.co.za!
 
Follow on Face Book in right hand sidebar above or on twitter @MotherCityMagic
 
Live the Cape Town Vibe
Veronica
xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment