Mother City Magic ~Cape Town

Mother City Magic ~Cape Town
Written and edited by Veronica Clark

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Spring Beach ~ Blouberg

Hello Dear Friends
 
Spring has sprung in The Mother City!!!
 
Yes, I know.... I am a bit late, but better late than never....
 
So, I was passing by, to Eden on the Bay and this beautiful sight made me slam on anchors, hop out and aim my lil Canon....
 
..and who can blame me?? Yes, I had an appointment, but being time obsessed and knowing that I often get distracted by the beauty of Cape Town, I am usually early and allow for just such an impromptu stop!
 
Its a delightful hazard that I have no problem putting up with....


However, it was such a stunning day, and well, I got quite snap happy and then had to motor like a maniac to be on time...
 



The fashions for Spring on both the catwalk and the beach, as you can see...is yummy neons girls!!!
You can match your bikini to the flora, no problem....
 



Needless to say, on the way back I stopped again....




The dunes are adorned with a magic carpet of colour.








Dune carpet in yellow for as far as the eye can see.





Beach fun and games....
 



Delicate beauties with fragrant leaves show off their splendour against the famous canvas.




Being a Wednesday, the beach was fairly deserted and pristine.



I rang a friend who lives on the beach front and we decided that it was time to taste the first beer of the season. Being a wine drinker, I was adamant that one will do....but alas, it was an illusion... Blame it on the heat!! And it was well ahead of the Beer fest as well...
 
I have evidence of the midweek, midday indulgence , but will not post it, in order to maintain a certain degree of decorum....
 
It was a magical day in Cape Town, which ended with this purrrrfect sunset!
 
 
 
 
Live the Cape Town Vibe!!
 
Veronica
 
xxx
 
All images are my own

I await your comments below....I am all ears...

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Veronica,

    What a joy to see this fabulous view of de Tafelberg! In 1985 on November 23, we went to Cape Town. We stayed in Stellenbosch at Hotel Lanzerac (1830). Did take a taxi and walked the city to make photos from the Cape-Dutch architecture. Next day on the 24th, Graham Boonzaaier picked us up in his Rolls Royce. We went to his home of 1789 and together with his wife Patricia to Cape Town. We ate at the harbor and then drove through a nature reserve to the most southern point; Bloubergstrand.
    So, visiting your blog is perfect timing for finding this post about Blouberg!
    Hugs from the United States from somebody that walked in your area...
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete